Thursday, February 19, 2009

Save the regret because everything happens for a reason...right?

alyssa Pictures, Images and Photos
When we're young we do stupid things. Make stupid decisions, make up stupid lies, and ultimately end up screwing ourselves over. There is not in between to life. Either your on top or on the street trying to gather what the rest of your life is supposed to be. That slippery ladder connecting the two I am still climbing. Not even climbing FALLING! to be exact. Slipping step by step in my mind until I reach the cold, damp, dark, bottom. I know that there is only one way to go back up. To jump from the ladder land on a cloud and float my way to the top. But how? These things that I believe were supposed to make me happy are not. The people I thought would jump with me are not. What else is there but a slowly sinking dream that once was what I yearned for? Have I lost hope in the possibility of love and living? Maybe. The events soon to come could unravel my very existence. The thin paper wall that separates me and the girl inside is starting to rip. I can't hold her in much longer. The monster she is is starting to show. The thick skin and piercing eyes are starting to shine through. How do I stop her...if I can. 
Dear self,
I regret to inform you that change is knocking on your door quite loudly. If you don't open the door, she'll break it down. Choose wisely.

If everything happens for a reason, then the choice I make should be right...right?

1 comment:

  1. Miss Nowhere.
    Similarly to yur popular beliefs, yes, things all happen for a reason and, in theory, are supposed to land yu on top. Unfrotunatly for most of us, that means falling down quite a bit first. The key, i believe, is learning from the mistakes. However, i feel like no matter how much learning yu do, its always heart over head. Because that's just how teenagers work. I've always said that if yu want something hard enough, yu have a way of making it happen. If yu want it to stop, m a k e i t s.t.o.p.

    Things just might work out for yu.

    ReplyDelete