Sunday, June 10, 2012

I Get Knocked Down, But I Get Up Again

It's crazy that in 24 hours I've come to a whole new conclusion. I'm done. The only reason why this has been eating at me was because I let it. I'm not going to let it control my life any longer and I'm leaving it behind me. It took a starry night, a car, a plea, a song, and an answer, but I got here. I looked in the mirror, at my sore post-crying eyes, and I realized that I deserve better. I deserve someone who will take one look at me and think, "she's the one." I want someone who knew they wanted me from the beginning and that someone is not you. If I've learned anything, it's that just because two people should be together, it doesn't mean they will me. It's too late for us. The clock has struck twelve, the carriage is a pumpkin, and you know what? The glass slipper doesn't fit; not this time. This time it's time for me to move on for good, and whomever comes along next will be well worth the wait. I had a meltdown tonight, and it wasn't nothing. In fact it was everything, and I couldn't even tell you. I was too afraid to call you in fear of judgement, and that's not what I want. I need to start being honest with you and myself. Things have changed, and I don't know if you know it, but I feel it. Maybe it's time we talked about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment