Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Encapsulated. En-treasured. Extinct.

Everything has changed. Whether it's for better or for worse I'll never really know because you can't un-choose a path; it originally chooses you. I'm not sure how long, but for quite some time I've been staring at you through a veil. It was white, pure, true, and it was wrong. I've had that veil ripped away from my sight for reasons I don't know, and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure I'd have chosen this to be this way. I thought that ending things gradually, slowly, and on my terms was the healthiest and safest way to do this, but I guess life had other plans. He meant so much to me, and sometimes it even scared me how much. I loved him like a brother, like family, but I guess he didn't feel the same. Families are tricky things. They fight, yell, laugh, cry and just about make you crazy, which you did, but they would never make you feel like you made me feel today. I told you only a few short days ago that I felt insecure about our friendship. I told you that the stories you had been telling people were incorrect, and you seemingly lied to my face in denial. I've told you everything and anything there is to know about me, and it feels like you've died. Why would you not tell me that you moved your flight earlier and were leaving tomorrow? Why wouldn't you invite me to a barbecue that consisted of your closest friends? And why, after all of this have you still not figured it out? Last year you broke my heart, and just when I've finally pulled things together and moved on, we're right back to where we were on new year's eve. I guess what they say is right; how you spend your new years is how your going to spend your year, and I guess I'll be spending my year off of your mind, out of your sight, out of my mind, and losing you to my other friends. I am happy for you guys, that you have this great relationship, but it doesn't change what's been done. The damage you've caused to my heart is irreparable. You always talk about reality and honesty, so here's some for you; I've always put your happiness before my own. Whether you knew it, or not, I suffered in silence for years doing everything I could to make you happy even if it meant tearing me down. I never wanted you to go after my friends, or for my friends to have feelings for you, but I agreed to it because I knew it was what you wanted. I cried most of those December and January days, but you would never have known that because you never asked. I hated you quietly for destroying a friendship that I respected more than most, but I never said a word because I didn't want you to feel guilty. I would lie and tell you everything was all right when it wasn't just so I wouldn't sound like I was complaining, or would inconvenience you in any way. And I continued to sit idly by while you tried to work your way through more of my friends, and now you're even revisiting someone that should be deemed clearly off limits. I won't do this anymore. I will no longer sacrifice my happiness for yours, you don't deserve it. So, I'm putting our friendship into a bottle. Inside of the bottle are memories of times past neither good nor bad, just comfortable. Amass the small mini boat sails are inscriptions of our story. I'm going to set her out to sea, our very own friendship boat in a bottle. She'll endure even the bravest of storms and maybe one day a hope-filled heart will stumble upon her on shore and smile. Maybe even one day you or I will find that bottle and we'll rebuild that boat, but not today and not tomorrow. May she last forever floating in the sea. Until then. 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment