Thursday, February 24, 2011

Somewhere a Clock is Ticking

Thoughts are running across my mind like a track meet. The one thought that everyone else is afraid of is out in front beating the others out of intimidation. But then there's that other thought; the underdog. Its running it's heart out and is almost caught up. Its my dream catching up. Sprinting for dear life and pushing its legs till it can't run anymore. But it can't run forever, and eventually other runners will pull ahead. I just hope with every part of my being that it doesn't give up. I want something that I want. I want to sing; I want to see the world; I want to be an astronaut; I want to change the world; I want to be in love, and the real kind; I want to be me and have everyone love me for who that is. I hope that that runner keeps on running and pushing through the pettiness that we call everyday life. Why settle for ordinary when we can be extraordinary? The only thing standing your way is you; that runner out in front. I am the only one standing between myself and my dreams, and I can't seem to get my big butt out of the way! But somewhere a clock is ticking and soon enough it will be too late to take my life in my hands and do what I love and love what I do. I just hope that day when I look back at certain moments in my life and regret them doesn't come sooner rather than later. Tick Tock.

X Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment