Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Fallacy and Fantasy
I'm at war with the two halves of my heart, and neither side is good nor evil. One half, the half that usually wins, is pulling me away to a far off place inhabited by the loners who loved and lost and cursed to never love again. The other half, so pure is its strength overwhelms me with suggestion and fantasy, but reality is different from what we see on TV. There's no knight in shining armor, or an epic battle (at least not a physical one), or happily ever after; there's just here and now and what we make of it. I think to myself "What if I never met you, any of you? Would things be different? Better?" All these questions go unanswered because I have no fairy godmother, or crystal ball to show me past and future. I have to play my cards as they lie. I always say that I'm playing it fast and loose and seeing how it all shakes out, but I never am. I never just let things be. I have to let this be, you be, me be. Maybe one day we'll be together, or maybe one day we won't, but right now there is no you and me. So now all I have is a poison apple, a tainted spindle, a big ole' pumpkin, talking dishes, no legs to stand tall, and I'm trapped inside this enchanted castle with no magic carpet. There is no prince charming, or knight in shining armor. I thought I found you before, I thought I found you again. Fallacies and fantasies are nothing like the real reality. Wake up sleeping beauty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment