Wednesday, January 7, 2009
The Quiet Before the Storm
Some people say that you can almost hear the quiet before a storm. The moment when everyone just stops to watch the first drop hit the ground and the first bolt of lightning strike. And the moment that drop falls, the moment that lightning strikes, everyone runs. They all run for cover for they fear for their safety. That their shoes will be soiled, their new clothes soaked, but not me. I stand there just waiting for that rain to make my skin polish and glow. To wipe away all the makeup I put on to hide my true face. To let all the insecurities just melt away. My sigh of relief, that's what I hear before the storm. The stillness of the blue skies shaken by the thunder I've let loose. I scream with excitement. Now everyone can see me. I take those steps out into the rain and dance. The freedom of expression takes over me and allows me to let go of all issues weighing me down. I'm free. The weight is lifted. I'm saved. Never doubt the rain. It is absolute in it's truth, weightless in it's purist form. Take advantage of the quiet before the storm because if you hide, everything that you need safety from finds a way to strike again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment