Thursday, January 1, 2009

Mind Games

Photobucket
Sometimes your mind plays tricks on you, 
it can twist, distort, and tear apart and image or story you see and hear
you can even fool yourself, convince yourself that you need this or that you have to do that. It can drive someone crazy. Crazy with passion, obsession, destruction. These tricks can take years to out master, to beat them to the punch-line. I hope to be no where near the punch-line of my mind tricks. I'm starting to concoct my master plan to out maneuver the cruel jokes someone upstairs just keeps lashing out. Memories of harder times dance around my head. Quick film cuts that remind me of harder days passed. Only when I close my eyes and fall asleep do I escape the demons of my mistakes but I'm awakened to the brighter future. The sun rays shining through my curtains. They give me hope. And in these times of new years and fresh starts, I know that something is rising in me. I can feel it, it stirring and spreading throughout my body. I have become stronger and I am strong. The darkness can not consume me forever. I am light and all I have to do is shine.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment