The world is full of evil. You can ignore it, use it, or fight it. My whole life I've been trained to fight it, to take it down and beat it. And everyday I come face to face with this evil. The evil within myself. The voice inside my head feeding me false images and meanings. Its hard sometimes to block the images and silence the voice, and sometimes I get tired of fighting it. Every once in a while I would succumb to the voice telling me naughty things. And I regret it all. Today I was standing outside of my gym when a little boy walked out of the doors and just stood in the cold, waiting. I thought to myself What if he were to get kidnapped? What would I do? I know what I would do, I would tell the boy to go inside and I would take his place knowing that I could put up a better fight and have a better chance of survival. But while all of these thoughts ran through my head he'd been gone. He had walked inside without my signal. Maybe he read my mind. There was no kidnapper but I felt the bitter wind chill attempting to blow him away. Most of us have lived in la-la land. We have cloaked our vision with some happy-go-lucky world that we know doesn't exist but we want so badly to believe it does. And why shouldn't it? When we're young we don't realize. our parents try to protect us and our virtues from being corrupted. But there is no stopping growing up. It will happen, it IS happening to all of us everyday. So now the next your sitting on your soft, silky couch, turn on the news and watch what the evil in the world is doing to us? Or is it something we do to ourselves? Tuesday, December 23, 2008
The Face Of Darkness
The world is full of evil. You can ignore it, use it, or fight it. My whole life I've been trained to fight it, to take it down and beat it. And everyday I come face to face with this evil. The evil within myself. The voice inside my head feeding me false images and meanings. Its hard sometimes to block the images and silence the voice, and sometimes I get tired of fighting it. Every once in a while I would succumb to the voice telling me naughty things. And I regret it all. Today I was standing outside of my gym when a little boy walked out of the doors and just stood in the cold, waiting. I thought to myself What if he were to get kidnapped? What would I do? I know what I would do, I would tell the boy to go inside and I would take his place knowing that I could put up a better fight and have a better chance of survival. But while all of these thoughts ran through my head he'd been gone. He had walked inside without my signal. Maybe he read my mind. There was no kidnapper but I felt the bitter wind chill attempting to blow him away. Most of us have lived in la-la land. We have cloaked our vision with some happy-go-lucky world that we know doesn't exist but we want so badly to believe it does. And why shouldn't it? When we're young we don't realize. our parents try to protect us and our virtues from being corrupted. But there is no stopping growing up. It will happen, it IS happening to all of us everyday. So now the next your sitting on your soft, silky couch, turn on the news and watch what the evil in the world is doing to us? Or is it something we do to ourselves?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment