Sunday, July 29, 2012

Even If It Breaks Your Heart

As I sit here in my room on my laptop that is arguably just as old as I am, I'm listening to that one song and know that everything will be okay. I am not nervous to go to school, not in the way you would think. I'm more nervous to leave things unresolved here than I am to go to college, but that is how I will spend the rest of my week here; learning to deal with the past and how I need to let it go even if things about it still hurt me. It's my time to move on, live on, and dream on, and I can't do that with 'what ifs' looming around my mind. It's time to lay to rest my life here. I don't feel angry anymore. I don't feel anything but sadness really. It's the end of something truly great, but the start of something amazing. If the people I no longer know reconnect with me in the future, or we bump into each other somewhere then that's fates way of saying that something was left undone and I'll leave it in fate's hands. According to the Eli Young Band, you have to "Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart," and they're right. Even if everything that has happened has broken my heart, I have to keep dreaming and that is what I'm  going to be thinking of during that short flight and drive to Auburn this saturday. Dream on dreamers and don't stop believing.

No comments:

Post a Comment