Sunday, September 25, 2011

Forgive and Forget; Live Life With No Regret

Imagine feeling numb and limp. Imagine being pulled by two turtles unable to move your body, moving as slow as possible. This is how I've felt the past few years; like my body was a dead weight and I was moving slower than snail mail. Since last week I've felt lighter than air, as if the weight has been lifted and the turtles gone. It's like I can run again. I realized so much this past week. The hatred and anger that I felt was pain, not pure anger. It was hurt feelings and miscommunication turned sour. It's funny how one day, one conversation, one look could change the way you feel towards a person. How over ginger peach tea and coffee three old friends become friends again and all that pain is let go. It's as if nothing happened, but we changed as people; stronger, happier, wiser. Things will quickly go back to the way they were before, I have no doubt about it, but it will be different. I'm so excited about this new change I'm overwhelming myself. The saying goes "good things come to those who wait." Well we've all waited too long for this, we owe it to each other to do it well. We all deserve something good. I want everyone to know that they can't break us. We're here to stay. People will look to us and think "wow, I wish I had friends like that." For me, high school was never about being the most popular, the most drunk, or the prettiest. It was about making friends that I'll grow old with and make memories that will last a lifetime. JKLS B4L

No comments:

Post a Comment