Saturday, May 14, 2011

Let There Be Light

An old friend just showed me a quote that I have never heard of, and it's one I wish i had before tonight. It read, "I'm just so in love with my crazy, beautiful life." It's a shame that its taken me this long to realize this, but I've ignored my love for my life. The things I've replaced love with are a sad comparison to what loving life truly is. People use the phrase "I love my life, or I hate my life" to freely. Without the passion for life you have none at all. Someone told me today that compared to how I looked before I seem much more relaxed, and the fact is that that's true. Now that the hard obstacles in my academic career are for the most part over and the school year is coming to a close I can finally breathe. I can now take the time that I owe and deserve to myself and focus on me. I've done a lot of things this year out of sheer whim and capriciousness. These things I've done have suffocated me in negative energy and mean spirit. The air around me is opening up and becoming available to my use. The long overdue dramatic sigh has been long overdue and I'm taking advantage of it now. Maybe now with everything else on a dimmer I can finally begin to turn my light on. I want to shine like I know I can, and everyone else is going to see it too. The best part is, you're not holding me back. I woke up one morning and the thoughts of you were not beside me. I'm free. In fact I'm so free I've met more "possibles" than I can think of in a while! I owe my struggles to you and my perseverance to myself. Without you I wound not be here; wounded and healing. I don't care for you like that anymore, but people are starting to care like that for me. And I'm starting to feel that way too. I feel as if I'm a hot air balloon. I'm bright, colorful and attracting attention. My beautiful cover gliding gracefully through the wind. The fire of hope and security lit beneath me, carrying me upward. The basket of truth keeping me grounded and carrying with me the dreams, family, and friends I love and need as support. With that said light the fire and watch me fly! Like someone I think was quite famous once said "Let there be light!" And there will be.
light Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment