"Can you help me unravel my latest mistake?,
I don't love him. Winter just wasn't my season"
Yeah we walk through the doors, so accusing their eyes
Like they have any right at all to criticize,
Hypocrites. You're all here for the very same reason
'Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button, girl.
So cradle your head in your hands
And breathe... just breathe,
Oh breathe, just breathe
I'm holding my breath. Every moment passes by with the beat of my heart and I can't get any of them back. Life just keeps pushing forward and I want it all to stop. I want to sit and breathe just be myself. The whole world around me is rushing by with blurred colors and I'm just standing still, watching, waiting. I hold my breath as the next crowd of colors pass me bye. I'm still here. I keep making mistakes. I've lost sight of who I am and who I aspire to become. I've been trying so hard to fit myself in a nice neat little box when I can't even fit. I'm better than this I know it, I've just forgotten. I need someone to remind me what I'm all about, but it's hard to find myself when the people who define me are practically so far their in all four corners of the worlds away. I want everyone to come back together but maybe we're too different. Maybe my glue wasn't strong enough to hold the five of us together. I wish I could move on but I think that's what I crave the most. Not a guy, or a body, or things, its friendship. That infinite bond between people. We used to have a team. It was the five of us against the world. Now it feels like it's just me. Where are you guys when I need you the most? When the time comes I hope you'll be there...
2 AM and I'm still awake, writing a song
If I get it all down on paper, it's no longer inside of me,
Threatening the life it belongs to
And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud
And I know that you'll use them, however you want to.
If I get it all down on paper, it's no longer inside of me,
Threatening the life it belongs to
And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud
And I know that you'll use them, however you want to.

No comments:
Post a Comment