Thursday, June 11, 2009
Release Me
I feel not good enough. Not pretty enough. Not smart enough. Not happy enough. Not skinny enough. Not kind enough. A scream for relief tries to escape my lips. I have to keep it in. If someone hears they'll ask questions and make assumptions. I feel scared, afraid that what I've done is wrong. That all that I thought was right is actually wrong, and I'm afraid. I need assurance, a voice, a guide, to let me know what I've come to love and hope for is true. I need that perfect stranger to tell me I'm worthy. To tell me that right where I am is where I belong. That there is no other place I could possibly be. You were that stranger, but became familiar. One week became a whole lifetime. I miss you ya' know. I miss feeling that I was really important. That there was something to look forward too. A star, a light, a love. But like all strangers, you walked right into my life and then walked right out. You took with you my hope, my trust, my courage. I need it back now. I need you to let it go and let me fall back into myself. I've been lost for so long now that it's about time I began to find myself again. Come back to me, and if only for a moment, we'll still have that moment. I'll feel worthy, because right now without you all my hope, my love, my faith, and my strength just fall write out into the ocean and just drift away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment